I suggest you ...

Allow sorting of lists

I'd like to be able to change the sort order of lists within Cashboard, including

* Projects
* Estimates
* Invoices

On the Projects page, all my projects are listed alphabetically by the project name, and then by client name (I guess), but in a really funky way. This bugs the heck out of me because I have a long list of projects called "website" and then the client name in a strange order. I can search, but only by client name, not any other rubric.

Would it be possible to introduce a sortable table for Projects? Thus I could sort by date, project name, or client. Really handy!

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdrienneAAdrienneA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdrienneAAdrienneA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like the UI was updated,and now all my Projects are listed under Client name, then project name. Much better!

• Ben ShellBen Shell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't important to me. I use unique project names, and I usually only have a few active projects at a time. My vote would be keep the software simple and leave this feature out.

• Jason SmithsonJason Smithson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the domain name for the project name instead of "website" and they sort fine so you all might try a bit better naming conventions to start.

That said I just recently "faked out" the sorting by putting a space in front of the name of my best client, who starts with V, so that they would show up at the top of my list when picking projects in time entry. I then had to put a space in front of my business name, which starts with B, so I showed up before them for internal projects. I've been meaning to send in an email to please not make any changes that break this but I'll throw my support behind having a bit more control in general.

• Scott HarmonScott Harmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have a couple of choices by which to sort projects. The project name is more important in our firm than the client name, so finding projects is easier for us if we can sort of project name. But even if you don't add this feature, and you're going to sort by client name, it should (just to follow basic English standards) sorted by last name/company name instead of first name.

Feedback and Knowledge Base