I suggest you ...

Allow purchase order (PO) #s (per project)

Nearly all our "enterprise" clients require us to include a PO number on the invoice. There is no dedicated variable for this now, and it's a glaring omission. Ideally, there'd be a spot for each project where we can specify the client's PO number so it can be included on all invoices. Seems like a trivial addition that will vastly expand your potential audience. :)

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    spdustinspdustin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SpoonSpoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seth, I'll send a reference from one of our invoices. This has recently become a bigger problem as one of our enterprise clients rejected a couple invoices. Their contract with us actually states that the PO# should be in a separate field.

For PO# on a single invoice, I would think putting that field in the header information would be most appropriate. I see your dilemma on the multi-invoice statement. For that, I would right justify the PO# on the same line as each project name. Or put the PO# on a second line just below each project name if PO# is not null.

As a best practice, we would only send an invoice related to one PO#. It might possibly confuse an accounting department if we sent them a statement related to multiple POs. However, I don't think this best practice is sufficient reason to prevent a multi-invoice statement from being created.

• SethAdminSeth (Founder, Cashboard) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess my reservation with adding this into the system is how to transition from PO#s on a project to PO#s on an invoice. As you're probably aware, we support billing multiple projects on an invoice, or no projects at all.

I suppose I'd need to be able to print PO# next to project names on the invoice, and perhaps a PO# for the invoice itself?

In my consulting life I never had to bill a company with a PO#, so it's quite foreign to me. Can any of you provide a reference invoice so I can check it out?

- seth

• Mike WitherspoonMike Witherspoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently put PO#s in the project name field. It's an adequate work around, but it would look more professional if there were a PO# field on each project.

• lawlowlawlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i actually edited the template, and just use the 'notes' section to put our PO#s, but I agree that this would be a nice addition.

Feedback and Knowledge Base