I suggest you ...

Contractor payment tracking

On one side, the incoming invoices from the contractors can be tracked on the projects as expenses, but:
* it would be nice to track, if it is a planned expense (when estimating a project, we already know that a task will be a fixed price contractor task), or the contractor already sent the invoice, so it is to be paid, or it is already paid. Please note, that this cycle is completely different from the expense invoicing status to the client. As a workaround we can use the freetext Category filed for this, but this is nowhere else handled (like reports)
* it would be nice to have an overview screen on each contractor, what are the "planned"/"invoiced from the contarctor"/"paid" expenses to that particular contractor, so that we can easily find out, who needs to be paid what

Let's have a look at an example.
Let's suppose we have an estimate for building a website at fixed price. We know we will do the design and programming with our employees, but there is a flash component which will be done by a contractor, also at a fixed price. He gives us his estimate, and we include it in our estimate. Additionally, we put our estimates for the design and programming to build up the complete estimate. After we convert to a project, we need to track, that a task is done by a contractor, and if he already invoiced to us, or he is already paid. Moreover, if a contractor works on multiple projects, we need to have an overview, what can be paid to contarctor and what is still pending.

So stage one would be to be able to track contractor manually: we enter their estimates manually to our estimates, and track their payment status manually.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)